Thursday, January 14, 2010

To The Beat response

I thought this film by the Scratch Film Junkies was pretty cool. I specifically liked the patterns and colors schemes that were used throughout. I thought that the live footage mixed in was better in some places than others, specifically the shots in the beginning were really cool with the live action intertwined. The shots mixed in at the end however I thought were less impressive, maybe because they seemed too random and abstract for me to appreciate. While the title was indicative of the use of sound, I was nevertheless happy with how the music and the images were linked; beating together in some places, while existing in comfortable separation in other places.
Overall, I liked it a lot more than other experimental projects that I've seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment