Saturday, February 6, 2010

Cameraless Filmmaking

As a non-experimental filmmaker, this assignment was very much an introduction to many things for me. At first, this project seemed extremely overwhelming, multifaceted, and very confusing. There were so many different aspects to the project that by nature were left ambiguous that does allow for a lot of creative freedom, but at the same time the lack of structure was rather scary for me. However, after last class when I was able to sit in the classroom and have an uninterrupted block of work time, I now feel much better about the project. Now that there has been more discussion about the project, I understand what I need to do better and it seems much more feasible now.

I really enjoyed making the 100 frame animation. I liked having a clear goal of what I wanted from the first frame to the last frame. It was nice to take a break from everything and be able to sit for a couple of hours and draw, paint, and listen to music. I am looking forward to using the darkroom next class, as well as trying other techniques on the film stock.

Overall, I have gotten over my initial reaction of chaos and confusion and I am now really enjoying the project and looking forward to seeing the final product.

No comments:

Post a Comment