Thursday, March 4, 2010

48 hour video race

hmmm. So when I first heard that we couldn't use any type of camera, I have to admit I kind of freaked out. However, after talking it through in class, I feel a little better about it. I wish I had a better still camera because I would love to do some stop animation for this project. I may still try it with the camera I have, or maybe I'll be able to borrow one from someone else. I definitely want to use animation for at least part of it, if not most of it. I'm just learning animation now in the Modes of Animation class (as you know, Andre) and its exciting that I have a chance to apply what I've learned to another class already. I like how hand drawn animation looks, and I wanted to use my new photoshop tablet for it, but since the tablet just broke my computer, I'm not sure how well that is going to work out. I also think using my camera phone might look kind of cool because my camera has pretty crappy picture quality, which I think could actually add a cool dynamic to parts of my project. Another option I have is my webcam on my mac, but that might seem too boring. I don't think I want to use any film strip techniques (scratching, rayogram etc) because quite frankly, I'm sick of cameraless filmmaking, and I just need a break. I like having those techniques now, but I just need a break from them.

I really like that we have a time limit of 48 hours. Normally, I never sign up for those contests because I always just have too much other stuff going on (school stuff especially) and I just don't have time. Also, those contests are often times in groups, and all of my film friends have just as much work to do as I do. Therefore, I think its really awesome that I am being forced to do this for a class. I've always wanted the experience of it, and so its really cool that its being incorporated into the work that I already have to do anyhow. Im also glad that I can do it alone, because sometimes it gets tiring having to always coordinate with group members, and when we only have 48 hours, luck really has to be on your side for a group to coordinate in only 2 days. I hope to make my project into a somewhat narrative story, but I don't feel that it needs to be completely logical. I think it will be a really fun experience and I'm looking forward to doing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment