Saturday, March 20, 2010

Saturday Long Take

I thought the saturday shoot was so much fun! The weather was absolutely beautiful, maybe a little too hot, but so much better than cold and rain. It was probably the only situation where I would actually enjoy having a four hour class on a saturday afternoon. I liked that everyone was eager to help everyone else, and that everyone was really into the assignment with props and costumes and stuff. It makes the day a lot more fun when people are excited and working really hard regardless if it is their project or someone elses. That was also cool because we have all been working with the same few people all semester, so it was also really nice to get to know the other people in the class that I've never really worked with before.

I really loved that we had an 8mm camera going around getting "behind the scenes" footage. It is so cool getting to not only use film, but so far three different size film cameras this semester. I've used the bolex before and failed miserably, so this was really exciting to get a second chance and especially to develop it ourselves and be able to see the results right away. It makes the project mean a lot more when we are involved in every single aspect of the process from start to finish.

It was also really refreshing to be able to really get out of the classroom, out of kenan, and be able to really put what we've learned to use wherever we wanted on campus. I was so excited that the weather worked out so that our group could use the flower preserve. I'm surprised that the preserve isn't used more often for student films, but I'm glad that we got a chance to use it. The only thing that I didn't like about the shoot was that it was really hard to stay focused and enthusiastic for four hours in the heat with no food. I wish we could have all chipped in for pizza or I wish I at least brought a snack or drink. I guess it would have been hard to get pizza since we were working pretty much the whole time. Overall, I had a great time and I can't wait to edit our project!

No comments:

Post a Comment